Coenie has been working in the software design and development industry for 16 years, 9 years of which was spent working with the OpenEdge product suite, and 7 years working with Microsoft technologies.
Coenie started his career in software development, after completing a Bsc Computational Intelligence degree, as a C++ developer passionate about Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. In 2008 Coenie joined Automate as a Progress OpenEdge developer specializing in the design and development of the Dealer Management System, which is the core product of the company.
In 2012 Coenie furthered his career as Systems Architect and from 2013 Coenie was the Systems Architect for the Application Modernization team, focusing on the following:
- Due Diligence of the modernization project from a technical perspective
- Design and documentation of the modernized application architecture
- Implementation of the toolset required by the modernization team
- Design and implementation of automated deployment system
Coenie has also been involved with the OpenEdge community by presenting at the following events:
- AIGS Making a Difference Conference 2014
- EMEA PUG Challenge 2016
- PUG Challenge Exchange Americas 2017
- EMEA PUG Challenge 2017