Progress has acquired Kinvey, the leader in Backend as a Service (BaaS), as recognized by Forrester in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Development Platforms, Q4 2016. Kinvey’s cloud-based platform enables developers to deliver the backend services needed for any native, hybrid, web, or IoT app.
In addition to the immediate benefit Kinvey provides to our developer community, this acquisition also helps bolster our cognitive-first strategy. We now have an open serverless foundation, provided by Kinvey, the machine learning capabilities of DataRPM, the frontend tools of NativeScript and Kendo UI and data connectivity from DataDirect, that when brought together, with the ability to integrate with existing business logic, data and systems of record, create a unique, highly effective full-stack platform for building and delivering cognitive business applications.
Kinvey is the only vendor in the BaaS market that offers an open, cloud portable and compliant platform. Unlike other BaaS offerings, Kinvey provides a complete solution that eliminates the need to piece together services, helping you to bring exceptional digital experiences to market quickly, cost-effectively and in a repeatable way.
Kinvey provides multiple capabilities that will deliver immediate value, including:
- An instant-on, full-featured app development solution delivered as a service
- Multi-tier caching that provides sub-second access to systems of record
- Advanced security and compliance support, including healthcare regulations such as HIPPA
- A serverless architecture that supports other application workloads, extending the value of backend services beyond mobile, to leverage existing business logic and data, seamlessly
- A robust set of SDKs that provide additional frontend developer options—including an SDK for NativeScript
You will be excited to know that we have already integrated Kinvey with NativeScript and DataDirect data connectivity products – production-ready integration code is available to our customers today!
If you are interested in getting an early look at Kinvey’s capabilities, please check out Kinvey’s free BaaS offering or one of the many guides, tutorials and code samples at Kinvey’s developer center.
This is a remarkable time for Progress as we drive toward our goal of making it easy for you to build mission critical business applications of the future. Thank you for your support, and we look forward to working with you to fuel your success.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have.
For more information on Kinvey, please visit www.progress.com/BaaS.